Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More Stamps on Cinema - S.D.Burman and Madhubala




The Indian Government has been busy.....at leasy busier than my scanner has been for I have been remiss.


There have been a few worthy releases that I have not reported here as I wanted to....Indeed that was the original intent of my blog.......my Stamps on Cinema. Everything else but that has happened here. In the unrelenting heat of the Chennai summer , I have today , been , fortunately left free - No shooting. Now for the stamps.....Real Beauties.....The Madhubala stamp is a Diamond Stamp....the image shown is the Miniature souvenir sheet that envelopes the stamp....


The S.D.Burman stamp though lacks any kind of decent design innovativeness....dull and drab ...the image however does indicate his "bengalee - Rabindra sangeeeth" influence. Nothing Dull or drab in his Music though......Thank God they have honoured him.


More to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mohan, I was inspired by your exhibit, "Cinema on Stamps" at TANAPEX, Coimbatore and have made small collection of cinema stamps and covers too. With interest in both philately and cinema, it has been an exciting journey for me. Thanks. Jai.P

Anonymous said...

Hi Mohan, Will it be possible for you to display some of your "Cinema on Stamps" exhibits on the blog ? Also a brief on how you have segregated and planned your exhibits will be very helpful. Jai.P

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.