Monday, February 2, 2009

Arivalur Ayyanar Temple - Renovation underway


Poorna Pushkala Sammedha Arivalur Saastha -(Ayyanaar).




Additional Building of a small Enclosure for devotees to Stand and Pray.
Compound Wall , Horse Vaahanam and other works to be undertaken.






The Work in Progress on the Temple





The Temple - Before Renovation work started


It was a great feeling when my friend Mr.Pattabhiraman , whose family is spearheading the renovation Project sent me Photographs of the Progress made in this. The Temple is well on the way to getting a Total facelift and hopefully devotees will have better facilities when they come to worship.




In my earlier Blog I had mentioned of the need for this and I am happy to report that our efforts to raise funds have met with great success thanks to the Blessings of Saastha. I wanted to share my joy that the Work is underway and will be completed for us to hold the Kumbabishekam on the 15th of march this year.I am posting a few Photographs for all to see the work done so far.
I am indeed beholden to my friends and schoolmates from Vidya Mandir-Mylapore, my XLRI batchmates , and my Film Fraternity , many of whom gave us sizeable contributions. A few other Philanthropic Industrialists have also helped Considerably. Many in my family too have chipped in to augment resources.
We have so far between the two families collected nearly 5 lakhs ( and already paid 4 to the contractor). The Contractor must be thanked for he is a devotee and has agreed to do this project on a cost to cost basis.
The Total estimated cost for renovation and Kumbabishekam with the 45 Days of Mandala Pooja thereafter is in the region of 9 Lakhs. I have firm commitments for another 2 lakhs from my immediate family.




Needless to say much more is required in terms of Funds and Material but I am confidant that........




The Lord will Provide .....

4 comments:

Shankar said...

Dear Raman
(As I know you) It was through a forwarded mail in our lions club group ( on Chennai Thamizh-TOTFL)that I got directed to your blog. Very interesting indeed.
Like you I have also undertaken 18 consecutive trips to Sabarimala-1990 to 2008- and this year I will be going in April.
Happy to note the efforts you are taking to renovate the Sastha temple. Pl let me know as how I can reach you my small contribution.
I still remember our association during our Mettur Beardsell days -Bangalore and Chennai - and my mother (who is 90 years old now) remembers you so well and whenever she sees you on some serial on TV proudly tells our relatives -" he is Shankar's friend - nambaathukellam vandirukkan") .
Since I didn't have your email id the moment I got to this page I thought of writing to you.Keep in touch.
Shankar ( SSS- triple yes for you)

Dhivya Dharsanam said...

Nice blog... Saw another face of Mohanram today...

Keep going!

Totalrenovering said...

I like your blog its really interesting and have a very informative content. Thanks for your nice posting.

Raja Thatha said...

Dear Sir,
I know you as I watch T.V. I have recently started to write on "Village Gods of Tamil Nadu " in my blog. http://villagegods.blogspot.com/
If you are interested , please do contribute to my blog by sending a write up about Ayyanar to ramya475 at hotmail dot com, Ramachander

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.